Now that my Einstein project is pretty much near completion (corrections and all) I have begun some new work. The way I approached the Einstein project has led me to change the way I think about painting. Not only the handling of the medium but the way it could look as well. Somewhat going for a more abstracted reality as I did in those 360 drawings.
The first here are a few small studies. Simple shapes and color to get the general idea of what the paintings could look like but on a much larger scale.
I also started s few still life's. Things around my room that I normally use for making my other works. In this case my ink well and tape roll. Only one pass on this so far.
This is one of the 44x48's that I have planned. It's simple. A blue wall with these aqua-teal struts that jut out from the wall. There was a single white wire running from side to side on the other side of the street that added in the division of space.
This is the second 44x48. A night scene and a painting that I am pleased with so far. Since I began the Einstein project back in the first week of November I have not painted. But drawing this whole time and the occasional gouache that I would incorporate into the pieces made me want to loosen up and be bolder with my paint. Not only the application but the color. Something that is not my strong suite, yet.
I have a few more paintings planned that I will start in the next few weeks. Feels good to be back!